Sunday, April 12, 2009

Wonderful Doctors

March 30th was Doctor Appreciation Day. As I told many of you Cook's did a little form to let you submit a note to a Doctor that was in the Cook's network. Of course I sent one to all of Ryan's docs. I did send one to Dr. Scroggie as he has put up with my crazy boys for years. Anyway. I got a response from one of Ryan's docs. Dr. Tom Black sent us a message back. He was Ryan's Cardio Thoracic surgeon. He did Ryan's two Fistula surgeries and his diaphragm placation. He also did the scope before the heart surgery to check if there was any stenosis (narrowing) of the esophagus. He has the kindest heart and was always an advocate for Ryan. When there was a possibility of Ryan going on ECMO he spoke up with his opinion. Here is what Dr Black responded.

Thank you for your kind words after so many years. I recall that Ryan had a very serious heart condition. I hope that you share my conviction that there is a purpose in life and that someday you and he will be reunited. Best wishes to you and to your family.
Tom Black


I do share his opinion. I don't think the docs and nurses up there understand what they do for the family. One time we thanked Dr Brann for his care of Ryan one weekend. His response was he was just doing his job. They don't have a clue that the parents don't see it that way.

((Hugs))
Raye

No comments: