Tuesday, March 16, 2010

T and A

Ok everyone take your mind out of the gutter. Friday little Jakie had his tonsils out. After waiting for 50 mins in the waiting room we were finally called back to pre op. I think the nurses got the vibe that I was hacked. Their lame excuses were not good excuses. Anyway... Once we got back into pre op things went pretty fast. He was not real sure about what was about to happen as these strangers were wheeling him away without Mom & Dad. They did let him take his deedee and his Julius back with him. The OR suite was just on the other side of the doors so I could see him going in and Dr Bryan came out to ask any last minute questions. I was hanging in there until Dr Bryan walked away and they shut the doors. Wham. It hit me. The flood of emotions from April 2nd came rushing back. The rational side of me absolutely knew this was routine but the Mom side of me had that band aid ripped right off. I know nothing was going to happen but the fear was still there. When Ryan was having all his surgeries they just wheeled him from the NICU into surgery. On top of that he was a newborn that was sedated so he had no clue. Not so much with a three year old. Once we got in the waiting room within about 10 mins they were calling us back to talk to the Dr. That was way fast. We had to wait just about another 10 mins and they called us back to see Jake. We walked with him from the recovery room to his little post op bed. Poor baby. He was trying hard to cry but it hurt. It was sad and humorous all at the same time. And I cried again. The flood gates opened for the memory bank and the last time I held a child after surgery came to my mind. For all of the heartache I went through I know this was the right decision. Last night Doug went to check on the boys before bed and he had to walk over and put his hand on Jake's back to make sure he was breathing. Yeah! No more snoring!! Now on to his birthday. I can't believe my baby is going to be 4 next week. Man how time flies!
Take care,
Raye

Getting ready

Only Mom can make it better

Jake stylin' ride out of the surgery center

No comments: