Monday, July 4, 2011

William's Turn

Well the #1 son now is sans tonsils like little brother. I am praying this will help with the strep issue. Treating strep on average 6 times a year is not fun. I really don't like giving the boys antibiotics and having to give William some that often was not ideal. If you ever have a child in the hospital for any length of time you will see what effect antibacterial products and over use of antibiotics are having on us. Kind of scary. But I digress. William was originally okay with the idea but as surgery date loomed closer he got nervous. He even picked out a new pair of pjs and ice cream just for this occasion. What a nut. He did really good during surgery and was better than I thought coming out from anesthesia. He had a little rough time when we first got home but I think that had more to do with the anesthesia. I swear under tears I heard him say "why did this have to happen to me today?". Could that have pierced my heart anymore? Man. But I know this is going to be great going forward. After getting mine out at 17, yes I said 17, I have not had issues with the throat. Knock on wood. He is doing much better today. We are getting him to eat food which I hope will give him more energy and he hasn't had his prescription pain meds since last night. So far only Tylenol is keeping pain at bay. I think the funniest thing is this ice cream he really wanted he really hasn't eaten. He had one serving and that's it. What a nut!
Take care,
Raye

PS. William on the giggle juice is possibly the funniest thing I have seen. I really hope that is not an indicator of how he will act intoxicated. LOL!!

After giggle juice and getting Zelda 3D for the 3DS.
He could hardly hold it not long after this picture.

Trying to wake up. Poor Baby.

Rolling in the really big wheelchair

Yeah for Dad's truck and it's bench seat.

Feeling much better after a good nap!

No comments: