Monday, June 14, 2010

Fish Tales, Fish Tales, Fish Tales

I have never been so proud of my little William. Well he is not so little anymore. Last week he went to KidSong music camp at Heritage Church of Christ. The idea of the camp was to learn a musical and present it to the parents or anyone that wanted to attend. The week wasn't all about Fish Tales. In the afternoon they did crafts, had visitors and played. One of my BFF's helped put this together. Her son, another BFF's daughter and William got to do camp together. They were even in the same troop. I was so blown away by these kids. They had to be starting 2nd grade to participate. Well one certain little Gracie got snuck in to the fray. Their performances we just amazing. They learned choreography and everything. William got to do a dance during the performance. Of course Gracie was her usual crazy self and Blayne just rolled with the punches. I was really excited he came out of his comfort zone for this. The boys really like the youth program at Heritage and they do a great job of teaching the gospel to the kids in a way they can understand. I struggle with that and the boys. I know that is crazy but I really don't have the words to put something that big into a language they understand. But that probably a good indicator of why I never wanted to be a teacher. All in all it was a wonderful experience not only for William but for the whole family too.
Lots of love!
Raye

No comments: